Read This Article And Find Out More About ETA For Australia
The Australia ETA is:
- 1. Electronic: there is no need for any stamp.
- 2. More than one entry.
- 3. Will be valid for as many as 3 months after arriving in Australia.
- 4. Is available in 2 forms: business and tourist.
- 5. Needed by each member of the group or family touring Australia.
- 6. Business ETAs are meant for those folks that are going to be present at conferences and business meetings.
The ETA for Australia is not:
- 1. A work visa: no person having this visa will be allowed to work in Australia.
- 2. Anyone can use it: you simply need to verify whether you are in the list of eligible countries.
- 3. It is a settlement visa: valid only for 3 months at a time only.
Difference between Australia ETA and other types of Australian visas:
- 1. The ETA is only intended for all those who are traveling to Australia as a tourist or for business for a time span of fewer than 90 days.
- 2. One has to apply for the ETA online. There is no need for any paperwork, submission of passport or even mailing.
- 3. The ETA visa will be granted electronically. Your passport is not going to be stamped with the visa. Once you apply for the visa online, your authorization to travel will be verified by the Australian Immigration authorities and you will receive the visa electronically. Your passport will be scanned and your ETA will be recognized at the airport while departing and also upon arrival in Australia. You will be allowed entry only after all these protocols.Who can apply for Australia visa ETA?Anybody holding a passport from these countries mentioned here are eligible for Australia ETA: the United States, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Andorra, Iceland, Republic of San Marino, Portugal, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Finland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands / Holland, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Ireland, Switzerland, Vatican City, Japan, and Taiwan.
Who are not permitted to get ETA for Australia?
- 1. Any person not residing in any of the above-mentioned nations.
- 2. Any individual contemplating working in Australia.
- 3. In case anyone is struggling with tuberculosis.
- 4. Anybody facing criminal charges.
- 5. Students planning to undergo training in Australia for more than 3 months.
- 6. In case one is 11 years of age or more and want to attend class for more than 1 month.
- For how long is the Australia visa ETA valid?The ETA Australia will permit any visitor to stay in the country for as many as 3 months within a period of 12 months from the date on which the ETA was issued.Further information on ETA for Australia:
- 1. An ETA will be valid for the entire life of the passport or for 1 year (no matter which is shorter); however, no visit can be more than 3 months at any given time.
- 2. It is will sensible to apply for the ETA no less than 3 days prior to your departure.
- 3. One can also use business ETAs for making tourist visits to the country.
- 4. An Australia ETA will permit more than one visit to Australia for a time period of 3 months at any given time.
- 5. In case you do not hold any passport issued by an ETA eligible nation, it won’t be feasible for you to get an ETA; for this, you need to apply at the Australian High Commission for a visitor ETA.
- It will likewise be possible to get a long validity business ETA (which is valid for the entire life of the passport) online; however, it will include a government charge and can likewise be paid online.What will happen in case the ETA Australia application isn’t approved?The Approval of an ETA can be denied in some cases because of past criminal convictions or the name of the applicant turning up on the watch list of the government. On such occasions, it will be a smart idea to apply through your nearest Australia visa office.
Citizens from these countries are eligible to apply for an online e-visa to Australia:
|Andorra||Austria||Belgium||Brunei – Darussalam|
|Japan||Korea, Rep of (South||Latvia||Liechtenstein|
|Republic of San Marino||Singapore||Slovakia||Slovenia|
|United States||Vatican City (Holy See)|